Sunday, January 16, 2011

Washington D.C. Rocks My World!



Wow, Washington D.C. is a wonderful place. There is a just a special feeling about all the places I have been to here so far. I think it is just all of the symbolism and everything this place represents. This week I started school am teaching at the wonderful Wilson High School. Prior to school starting and on the weekends, I have been exploring...I just thought I would post some evidence today!

This is the first memorial I saw, and so I had to take a picture. Turns out that it is someone I had never heard of, but he sure does look official, right?
I definitely recognized this one. I felt like I was in the movies as I stood next to Old Abe just because that is the only place I'd ever seen him before.
And here you have it...from Idaho to Virginia. Two very different places but I love both :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment